Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exciting Stuff..

Not to go all B Jones on you, but, man, yesterday was an exciting day for the ENTIRE world. We got to watch Obama's inauguration speech here in Germany, and I am not going to lie, I am very excited to see how these next four years go. Not only can he speak ridiculously well, but he definitely has that old man game (you know he just threw up a pump fake or two against this guy). The local paper wants to interview all of us yet again to see how Americans feel about Obama and the future of our country. On another great note, out here in Europe, the anti-American sentiment has definitely calmed down, at least for the time being.

As I was surfing the pages of facebook yesterday, I noticed that everyone's status somehow had to do with Obama and the inauguration. I think it is great that this election got so many young people involved in politics and caring about our country. It is a great sign for our generation when more and more people start to care about the U.S. and our government, instead of just those Amherst nerds with their pocket protectors and political science majors.

On another exciting note, I drove to work again today and did not stall once AND I made a bomb-ass bacon, egg, and cheese this morning for breakfast that reminded me of home like woah. I also made a serious asian style grilled chicken salad last night for dinner. My chef skills are getting serious.. Watch out!

- MFG

No comments: