Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Day, Another W...

This past weekend we had a great team win. We ended up winning by around 25 and everyone got to play, something always nice to see. Last Tuesday, Coach brought another American pointguard to live with us. I guess he is trying out for a couple weeks and than the management will decide whether he will stay or go. His name is Junior and this is his second year out here in Germany.

With five of us in the house, it is getting a little crowded now, but we share well. This point is extremely evident by the 10 - 15 points we all had this past weekend in the game. I think Trevor and I had 13, T had 15, Junior had 10, and Marko played as well as I have ever seen with 14 or 15. I was very proud of our young Marko even though after he starts playing well, he tries to go all showtime for the crowd.

I am still getting back into the swing of things. I played OK on the defensive end and my rebounding was good but my offensive skills are just not all the way back yet after my latest injury. Dont quite feel right.. VERY FRUSTRATING... I described it to Trevor on Saturday night as "I just do not feel like I have my mojo back quite yet.." (I may or may not have said that immediately after drinking these liter beer cans Trevor and I found that looked like an oil can) But, its all good... WOOOOW, great mood changer, I just witnessed a co-worker walk dead into a closed glass door with a large cup of coffee in her hand... AMAZING! I think I just heard 10 different German curse words.. This day is officially a good one..

On a glllllllllllllorious note, I drove a STICK SHIFT to work today and only stalled once! I think I am getting the hang of it. Whenever I drive our new car, I feel like a damn race car driver flying around until I stall and go red in the face in embarassment as angry Germans line up behind me waiting to go through the now green light. Somehow on the way to work today, I ended up on my first small hill of my stick shift career and I ended up not stalling. I didn't even hit the car behind me! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOoo

Well, that is all for now, hopefully next weekend I can finally see Fletcher and Andrew because I am having some home withdrawl currently.. nothing a nice night out with the Amherst crew wouldn't fix... One love

- MFG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good win....The blog is now popular with the new Amherst parents--saw everyone this weekend. Link us in to big Kev's blog when you have a chance. Pops